What is better than hot chocolate on a chilly day? Hot chocolate with Guinness.
This delicious cup of cocoa is made with real melted chocolate and a reduced bottle of Guinness to give it a subtle roasted stout flavor. Finish it off with a dash of nutmeg and you've got a drink that is enough to send Buddy the Elf into cocoa rehab.
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle Guinness
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- A pinch of kosher salt
- 3 cups whole milk
- 4 ounces milk chocolate chips (2.5 teaspoons of chips = 1 ounce of chocolate)
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- A dash of nutmeg
- 1. Pour the Guinness into a medium saucepan and cook it over a medium-high heat for 10 minutes. This will reduce the Guinness to 1/2 cup of concentrated syrup.
- In a medium saucepan, mix cocoa, sugar, salt, milk, bittersweet chocolate, and milk chocolate chips over medium heat. Stir constantly until chocolate is melted. Whisk mixture until fully mixed.
- Add Guinness and whisk until frothy.
- Pour into cups. Top with marshmallows, tiny chocolate chips, a dash of nutmeg, and serve to guests!