The men of Kiel James Patrick have always had and will always have a favorite drink: The Old Fashioned.
Having been around since as early as 1829, the old fashioned is a timeless classic. And in the spirit of Christmas, we put a holiday spin on this drink with a garnish of cinnamon and nutmeg. It's Christmas in a glass.
What you need:
- 4 oz. bourbon (we like Woodford Reserve)
- Angostura bitters
- An orange
- Sugar cube
- Cinnamon sticks
- Big ice cubes
- Combine sugar, orange slice, cherry, three dashes of bitters into a glass. Muddle the ingredients together.
- Add bourbon and pour contents into a shaker full of ice.
- Shake vigorously.
- Pour into glass over a large ice cube.
- Garnish with orange peel, two cinnamon sticks, and nutmeg.
- Sit by the fire, smoke your pipe, and enjoy.
To add an extra dose of Christmas spirit, we served our old fashioneds in Ralph Lauren glen plaid double old fashioned glasses.